The Lord is near

The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. – Psalm 145:18

Though the Lord is seated high on the heaven above, He answers immediately to you because He is in close proximity to you. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. (Psalm 3:4) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.(Matthew 15:8) Since you seek after him only with your lips and from your heart, you are seeking him just as an obligation. God is looking for genuine people who would call unto him sincerely. But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29) Jesus Christ in one of his parables, referred to a couple of people who went about to pray. A Pharisee instead of humbling himself before God and not aware of his sins during prayer, he showed himself as a righteous man. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. (Luke 18:11,12) But the tax collector fully aware of his sins, humbled himself, confessed his sins and his prayer was answered. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. (Luke 18:13) How do you seek the Lord today? Seek after him sincerely and you will feel his presence in a special way.


If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. – Deuteronomy 30:10

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post