Vows


Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. – Psalms 17:3
In our daily life for the worldly things we purposed for so many things. We purposed for spending our times, things needs to buy for house needs. We purposed about our children’s education, marriage and about our future life. In the same way are we purposed for spiritual things and for our spiritual life? If we say about taking purposed, many remember the day of their birthday and New Year. To receive the blessings from God on that day only they purposed to read bible regularly from that day, they purposed that they will attend the church regularly and stead fast in prayer frequently. For some days they steady fast in their purpose after that they continue their life as usual. David was constant in what he purposed. If the decision you take is shows how you love God and it is about doing the will of God the God will delight in you. And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.(Gen 28:20-22) Here we are seeing what Jacob purposed. Here Jacob purposed that he will give tithe in all things. But when he purposed to give tithe he vows to do it if God blessed him. If you purposed in giving for His kingdom you must take vow to do it in love of God. Then God will open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.(Ps 119:15-16) Her we are reading what David purposed. David said he will delight in the word of God and he purposed he will meditate in it. Sometimes you may also read the bible regularly. Are you reading it with joy and interest? You must have love in the word of God. You must have thirst in the word of God. Then only you will receive the word of God for you when the word of God is preached. Then you will able to meditate the word of God. When you meditate the word God you will see all things are prosper. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.(Josh 1:8) But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.(Dan 1:8) Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank. Daniel is now in the strange land, he purposed to live a holy life. And Lord helped him to walk according to what he purposed. He received grace in the eyes of the people to fulfill what he purposed. So don’t say due to my situation I am not able to live a holy life. Be constant in what you purpose God will help you to fulfill it.

When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. – Ecclesiastes 5:4

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post